2015 Indian Scout Announced in Sturgis
Indian Motorcycles, this evening, revealed the new 2015 Indian Scout at a private event in Sturgis, SD.
Billed as a "contemporary interpretation of one of motorcycling’s most famous and coveted bikes", Indian Motorcycles is looking to target both experienced riders and newbies alike. Built on a completely new platform that takes design cues and stylings from Scouts of the 1920s, 30s, and 40s, the new 2015 Scout is a middle-weight cruiser that Indian hopes will attract riders looking for mixture of storied history and modern technology.
With a lightest in class wet weight of 558 pounds – the new Scout offers a breakthrough chassis design featuring a lightweight and rigid cast aluminum frame coupled with a low 25.3-inch seat height for exceptional comfort, poise and maneuverability.
It's powered by an all-new, original and proprietary liquid-cooled, 69 cubic inch (1133cc), 100 HP V-twin engine with 72.2 ft. lbs. of torque.
"This is the first truly new Indian Scout in more than 70 years", the company's press release states, and goes on to reference its use in "walls of death" and the "Indian Wrecking Crew" racing team. The company also highlighted its use in World War II, and the 1920 Indian Scout that earned the title, "World's Fastest Indian" as proven by Burt Munro in 1967.
PRICING & AVAILABILITY
The 2015 Indian Scout is available for immediate ordering at a starting US MSRP of $10,999 for Thunder Black. All other colors start at $11,299.
Expected delivery in dealerships across North America is late 2014.
Pre-orders may be placed on www.IndianMotorcycle.com; visit “Scout’s First Run” to learn more.
2015 INDIAN SCOUT
The new Scout™ was designed from the ground up for a superb balance of comfort and control, delivering a superior riding performance for both newer and experienced riders. It offers:
• The look of a classic “rigid triangle” design that is synonymous with original Scouts, coupled with a set of premium coil over monotube rear shocks that deliver exceptional ride, handling and comfort
• A 25.3 inch seat height, 61.5 inch wheelbase and 5.3 inch ground clearance, delivers a confidence-inspiring 31 degrees of lean angle and low center of gravity, along with exceptional high and low speed maneuverability
• A premium, Desert Tan Genuine Leather solo bucket seat, making the 2015 Indian Scout pure Indian® and the only brand to offer this seating as a standard feature
• Available in two gloss finishes; Thunder Black and Indian Motorcycle Red and two matte options Silver Smoke and Thunder Black Smoke
• Liquid-cooled design for 100 HP of pure power, along with enhanced durability and reliability
• Closed loop fuel injection and ride-by-wire throttle actuation mated to a 6-speed transmission. Peak torque of 72.2 ft./lbs. at 5900 RPM
• Dual overhead cams with four valves per cylinder
• Split dual exhaust with cross-over, full heat shields, two O2 sensors on each bank
2015 INDIAN SPECIFICATIONS
Engine Type Liquid Cooled V-Twin (60 degrees)
DOHC, 4-Valves Per Cylinder, Semi-Dry Sump
Horsepower 100 hp at 8100 rpm
Peak Torque 72.2 ft-lbs at 5900 rpm
Transmission 6-speed/sliding-mesh/foot shift
Battery 12 volts / 12 amp/hour, 210 CCA, Maintenance Free AGM
Bore x Stroke 3.898” x 2.898” (99mm x 73.6mm)
Charging System 35 amp max output
Clutch Wet, multi-plate
Compression Ratio 10.7:1
Cooling System Liquid
Displacement 69 cu in / 1133 cc
Exhaust Split dual exhaust with crossover
Exhaust Control Two O2 sensors, one each bank, single three-way catalyst
in each muffler
Final Drive Belt drive, 141 tooth
Fuel & Capacity 91 octane recommended, 3.3 gal/ 12.5 ltr
Fuel System Electronic fuel injection, closed loop/60 mm bore
Oil & Capacity SAE 15W60 , 5.0 qts / 4.73 ltr
Primary Drive Gear drive wet clutch
Front Suspension Telescopic fork, 41 mm diameter, 4.7 in / 120 mm travel
Rear Suspension Dual shocks, 3 in / 76 mm travel
Front Braking System Single 298 mm rotor with 2-piston caliper
Rear Braking System Single 298 mm rotor with 1-piston caliper