TomTom Announces Motorcycle GPS with New Features
TomTom last week announced the launch of its all-new TomTom RIDER, a GPS designed for that allows motorcycle riders to choose the level ...
The company claims its new RIDER helps bikers discover and explore new routes. By selecting an area to ride on the map, RIDER will suggest exciting round-trips.
“TomTom RIDER gives bikers more ways to create and discover exciting routes, so every ride can be an adventure,” said Jocelyn Vigreux, President, TomTom, Inc. “From sea to shining sea, bikers using RIDER will have the option of choosing routes to cruise the open road with confidence, lean into twisties along mountain peaks, and everything in between.”
An innovative rotating mount allows bikers to switch to portrait view to see more of the bends ahead. It has a glove-friendly, interactive screen to make it easy to find and explore new places. Bluetooth® enabled audio instructions delivered to the headset or helmet, give bikers more freedom to just enjoy the ride.
- Winding Roads: Find the most exciting winding roads and avoid the boring straights.
- Hilly Roads: Stay at sea level or climb the highest peaks.
- Round-trip Planning: Simply select where you want to ride and TomTom Rider will find the most exciting route.
- Portrait View: Rotate to portrait view to see more of the bends ahead.
- PC Route Planning: Pre-plan a touring adventure before leaving home.
- Route Sharing: Share a route with other bikers before setting off or after you return home.
- Lifetime TomTom Traffic: Ride with real-time traffic information for the lifetime of the device.
- Audio Instructions via Bluetooth: Keep your eyes on the road with audio instructions delivered through your headset.
- Track Support: Upload tracks (GPX format) and your TomTom Rider will show you the way.
- Hands-free Calling: Call hands-free while you ride.
- Weather-proof Design: As weather ready as you are.
- Glove-friendly Screen: Use your TomTom Rider even while wearing gloves.
- Sunlight Visibility: Make use of different colour options for different times of day.
- Trip Recording: Record your trip and relive the adventure any time.
- Trip Statistics: See how far, how fast and for how long you have ridden.
- Fully Interactive Screen: Pinch, zoom and swipe to interact with the map.
TomTom RIDER will be available from April 2015.